Employee Benefits Sales Manager:
Alfrea / Local Food Health & Wellness Startup
Employee Benefits Sales Manager is an important position at Alfrea that includes new business development and customer relationship management.
The ideal candidate will develop new relationships with larger employers in the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey marketplace and continue to build and expand relationships with existing clients. As a start-up, the candidate can also expect to work on a variety of other assignments such as customer service, customer relationship development and marketing.
Alfrea is a new employee health and wellness company providing workplace gardens, training and workshops, farm-to-workplace food deliveries, and a garden sharing platform. This role will be responsible for engaging with corporations and people that have stake in a corporate social responsibility and healthy people.
A world in which all people have access to local sustainably grown food.
What it is:
Alfrea is a new technology-based platform that has been created to change people’s relationship with fresh foods by providing individuals an opportunity to take greater control and have greater involvement with it. The company is based on multiple trends that show a growing concern over health and food quality, a growing desire to grow-your-own and get back to the earth, concern over lack of access to fresh whole foods, and a growing entrepreneurial and sharing society.
What we do:
We make it easy and fun for employees to grow, eat and enjoy fresh, local, tasty food.
About the position:
- The Employee Benefits Sales Manager position is for a self-directed individual who is passionate about health & wellness and making a difference for people and communities and their relationship to food.
- The Manager will be a key point of contact for prospective customers and business partners.
- At the organizational level, the Employee Benefits Sales Manager will set up and attend meetings with key stakeholders and influencers.
- The Employee Benefits Sales Manager may participate or lead client trainings, workshops, and/or events.
- The primary focus of this role is external with a focus on increasing the number of customers and their usage of Alfrea.
- The person will provide internal team members a better understanding of our customers and their preferences. The Employee Benefits Sales Manager will also provide input into how Alfrea interacts with customers and business partners. They will play a key role in being our eyes and ears in hearing and seeing what people want as we seek to provide people with the tools they need to grow, eat and enjoy local fresh food.
About the candidate:
- Strategic thinking
- Team leadership
- Ability to engage people and have them take action
- Relationship development
- Sales & business development
- Relationships building with
- Corporations with focus on employee health & wellness, sustainability and social responsibility
- Strategic partners
- Property management firms
- Supporting customers and partners in effectively using Alfrea
- Comfortable both working at the organization level with senior managers in corporations, non-profits, government, individuals, small scale food and service providers.
- Familiar with, and excited by, making a difference in social impact and sustainability
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in an entrepreneurial environment in developing strategy and tactics to grow an organization.
- Preferred, but not required, located locally in South Jersey or Philadelphia area. Most work can be done within the Philadelphia or South Jersey area.
Metrics for success
- Number of new business customers
- Total number of employee reach
- Alfrea revenue from partner organizations
- Alfrea revenue from customers
Alfrea is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. When a conflict occurs, the company promptly addresses the matter.