Try this easy delicious and healthy recipe. Part of our healthy meals collection.
Try this recipe with farm fresh produce to boost flavor and for seasonal fun. Buy these items at your local farmers market or online.
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 – 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled, split lengthwise and green shoot removed
- 1 bunch fresh mint, trimmed
- 1 – 2teaspoons coarse or flake salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- toasted slices of rustic bread
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wash and drain tomatoes well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a nonreactive (such as earthenware) 2-quart baking dish place tomatoes in a single layer. Pour on olive oil so they are very well coated and there should be a thin layer (1/8 inch) of oil on bottom of dish. Toss in garlic, mint, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tomato skins split and soften but tomatoes still retain their shape.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Spoon or mash over slices of toasted bread and serve with goat cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Mint)
Per serving: 178 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1 g sat. fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 6 g monounsatured fat), 423 mg sodium, 20 g carb., 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 4 pro.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
What ideas do you have for farm fresh, easy healthy meals and healthy recipes made with local food? Do you have a favorite recipe you created? We would love to get your suggestions.
Email us at email@example.com