Corporate Health and Wellness Benefit
- Provide your employees with an innovative health and wellness employee benefit and provide an important example of corporate social responsibility.
- Studies show that cognitive function, employee performance, health and happiness are improved by eating fruits and vegetables.
- Yet 77% of U.S. workers consume inadequate amounts.
- 94% of corporate healthcare cost is spent on treatment rather than prevention.
- The average Fortune 500 company spends $12,685/employee/year on healthcare.
- 40% of healthcare expense is related to illnesses caused by food choices including Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer.
- And growing food locally not only helps employees eat and get the nutrition they need is a great example of corporate social responsibility. Growing and eating local food makes a difference for the environment and provides local jobs.
Alfrea offers a fresh new way to change these numbers for your organization.
- Barriers to eating more fruits and vegetables include availability (49%), convenience (42%), and time (33%).
Alfrea makes it easy for your employees to grow, eat and enjoy good food.
- $12 billion was spent in 2014 on locally-grown food from farmers’ markets, farm-to-table and CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture).
- The local food market is growing over 14% annually.
Your employees are spending already to find good food. Now they can spend it in your program.